Intake and Property:
While at NEOCAP you will be allowed to wear your own clothing and have a few possessions. You are responsible for all property that is approved for you to bring into the facility. Lending, borrowing, or purchasing of other residents property is prohibited.
The following items are NOT ALLOWED:
- Electronic equipment including radios, MP3 or CD players, and games
- Calling card or Credit cards
- All tobacco products, including electronic cigarettes
- Expensive clothing including shoes and coats
- Aerosol spray cans
You will have limited need for changes of clothing and locker space is limited, therefore you will only be permitted to have the amount of clothing needed to be able to have a clean outfit for all times. There are laundry facilities provided and you will be expected to wash your own clothes.
The following items are the ONLY approved items for initial intake:
- Four pairs of pants (jeans, slacks, sweat pants)
- Four shirts (button down, polo, t-shirts)
- Five undergarments (white undershirts or tank tops)
- Five pairs of socks and underwear
- Two pairs of shoes and one pair of shower shoes
- One coat appropriate for the season
- Two pairs of pajamas
- Two towels, two wash cloths
- Hygiene items (Items must be in clear bottles and original packaging.)
- Razors/Shaving Cream (non aerosol)
- Feminine hygiene items
- Three forms of Identification: Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, and State ID or Drivers License.
- Stamps & Envelopes (No pre-stamped envelopes.)
- Pens (black or blue ink) / No. 2 Pencils
- Notebooks or Notebook Paper / Folders
NEOCAP staff will not allow any property other than the above list into the facility.
Residents are not permitted to exchange clothing item throughout their residency.